Pope Francis has added a new feast to the liturgical calendar, the Feast of Mary, Mother of the Church, to be celebrated on the Monday following Pentecost Sunday, for which the following prayer has been written:
Mother, help our faith!
Open our ears to hear God’s word and to recognize his voice and call.
Awaken in us a desire to follow in his footsteps, to go forth from our own land and to receive his promise.
Help us to be touched by his love, that we may touch him in faith.
Help us to entrust ourselves fully to him and to believe in his love, especially at times of trial, beneath the shadow of the cross, when our faith is called to mature.
Sow in our faith the joy of the Risen One.
Remind us that those who believe are never alone.
Teach us to see all things with the eyes of Jesus, that he may be light for our path. And may this light of faith always increase in us, until the dawn of that undying day which is Christ himself, your Son, our Lord!
There are two more First Holy Communion‘s to be celebrated during May at 11am in our parish: On May 19 for the girls at Our Lady of Mercy School, and on May 26 for the boys at St Mary’s Boys’ School. Please note that on these three Saturdays, there will be no Mass at 10am.
Click here for the Prayers of the Faithful for the Feast of the Pentecost, May 20, 2018.
Apologies if you find our webcam is turned off at times, due to building work. We hope to have it back full time shortly.
Here are some more dates to be noted:
- Saturday, May 19: after the Vigil Mass, we will have a time of silent Prayer for Life, in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament until 9pm.
- Monday, June 4: Mass for the intentions of Second Level Exam Students will be celebrated at 11am.
- Tuesday June 5 and Thursday June 7: Two training sessions on Child Safeguarding in our Parish will be held in Our Lady of Mercy School, close to our Church, at 7:30pm. Given by Mr Garry Kehoe, it is very important that all volunteers with parish ministries or with groups whose work brings them into contact with vulnerable adults or children attend both of these training evenings.
- Sunday, June 10: Annual Mass in celebration of the Sacrament of Marriage will take place at 10:30am Mass.
- Tuesday, June 19: The Annual Parish Golf Outing will take place in Elm Park Golf Club. Booking Forms will be available shortly. The proceeds this year will be donated to our Pastoral Centre Building Fund.
- Eucharistic Adoration, which takes place every Tuesday from 10:30am to 10pm, provides us with a space for Sacred Silence. Please join us at some time during the day if you can.
The Irish Bishops have issued a statement entitled “Our Common Humanity”. They are aware that the conversation about unborn life is sensitive, delicate and painful for many. They offer reflections with the greatest of respect for everyone, while wishing to make some points clearly and unambiguously. Click here to read the statement.
We are pleased with the progress on our Pastoral Centre development. We hope to be in our new facility in a few months. Plans include a coffee dock, a new sacristy, facilities for a mother and toddler group and a pre- and after-school service, warm bright meeting rooms and a large multi-purpose room. You can check out the plans, by clicking here. We are appealing to all our parishioners and supporters to make a donation to help us with this development. To donate, click on the Donation Form.
We were very pleased with the support for our evening of Spiritual Song with Red Hurley. Our next fundraising event will be the Spring Cake Sale and Raffle on Sunday, May 27, after all Masses.
We have relaunched our Facebook page. Why not visit us, by clicking here, to receive updates on what is going on across the parish.
Child Protection: All members of our parish groups who are in contact with children or vulnerable adults have completed the Garda vetting procedure. Click here for Parent Consent Form for youth activities: Youth Application form. The latest document from the Archdiocese is the Code-of-Conduct for parish staff and volunteers. You can also download from here the Application Form for Volunteers with any of our parish groups. We observe the Archdiocese of Dublin Guidelines on Use of Information Technology when working with children and young people. See also our parish Child Protection Policy, Anti Bullying Policy, Guidelines for an Away Trip, Code of Behaviour, Complaints Procedure for Young People and Parents, and Youth Application and Parental Consent Form.
Please scroll down this page for Recent Deaths, Mass Times, and Coming Events.