On January 18 we begin the week of Prayer for Christian Unity. The theme is “Justice, only justice, you shall pursue”. Click here for resource material prepared by Christian Churches of Indonesia.
Today’s needs call us to take up the challenge of responding as a Community to the issues related to climate change. We hope you can join us on Thursday, January 24 at 7.30 p.m. with Fr. Sean McDonagh, well known eco theologian, who will help us plan to put Pope Francis’ message in Laudato Si into practice.
Join us for Eucharistic Adoration on Tuesdays at any time between 10.30 a.m. and 10 p.m.
Our parish office continues to be temporarily located at 52 Booterstown Avenue until the phone systems and WiFi at our Pastoral Centre are fully working and put to the test. We very much regret that fixing our Webcam in the Church has also been delayed.
In our new Pastoral Centre, activities are increasing with each week that passes! Pictured are our Thursday morning Mothers & Babies chat time (11-noon). Inset shows 4-month old Mark – the first baby to play in our new Pastoral Centre!
Other current activites include:
- Youth Club Mondays 1.30 – 3 p.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christian Meditation, Mondays 7.30 – 8 pm (please be seated by 7.25 pm).
- Pilates with Grainne, Tuesdays, 9.15 – 10.15. Enquiries to email@example.com or 087 6370502.
- Yoga with Helena, Tuesdays 7.30 – 8.30 p.m. (teens and adults). Enquiries to 086 1652436.
- Ballet Classes with Isabelle Ashe Theatre Arts, Thursdays 2.30 p.m. (ages from two and a half to eighteen years). Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 4405505.
- Social Bridge begins on Friday, February 8 Table Money €5 (all proceeds to reduce the debt on our Pastoral Centre). No partner required. Enquiries to email@example.com, or tel 01-2880261.
Morning coffee and tea is served on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to noon at €2, including a refill. As soon as we have more volunteers available, we hope to extend this to a Monday-Friday service. See also ‘Coming Events’ panel below for events of our different Parish Groups!
Our Net Ministry Team invite youths and young adults (16-29) to join them for World Youth Day at Emmaus Centre, January 26-27 (bring you sleeping bags).
During this coming week they will conduct a pre-arranged school retreat at our Pastoral Centre, in addition to their regular events listed below:
- Youth 2000 prayer meeting for 16-35 year olds on Wednesday from 7-8 p.m. with social tea and coffee afterwards in the pastoral centre
- ‘Rooted’ – the youth group for 1st-3rd years on Fridays, 7-8.30 pm, in the pastoral centre
- Senior youth group for TY-6th years, on Saturdays 7 – 9 pm, at the home of the Net Team.
- Young adults group, 18-30 year olds, Sundays 7-9 p.m., at the home of the Net Team.
Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org, (tel 085 873 3530).
Important Meeting: Any volunteer who has not yet attended the mandatory Information Session on Safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, is invited to attend the Pastoral Centre on Monday, 4th February at 7.30 p.m.
We are making a great effort to reduce the deficit on our new Pastoral Centre. The Raffle of a 2019 car, for which just 500 tickets are being sold at €100 each. Tickets can be bought after all Masses, and at the Pastoral Centre on weekdays. Also they can be bought at Winnie’s Craft Cafe, Woodbine Park. The draw will take place on Sunday, March 3, 2019, when we will have the official blessing and opening of our new Pastoral Centre. Please click HERE for important Terms & Conditions associated with this raffle. If you have any questions about this raffle, Greg Fields (087-662 2840) or Marina Hand (086-815 2218) will be happy to answer them.
Child Safeguarding: Our parish observes all the Guidelines of the Archdiocese of Dublin in relation to child safeguarding. Please click on the Child Safeguarding Team section of our Parish Groups Page for more information, and for the series of relevant documents outlining responsibilities of people active in our parish whose ministry brings them into contact with children or vulnerable adults.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), was introduced on May 25, 2018. We are working to ensure that what we do with your information is compliant with this new law. Your privacy is of paramount importance to us. If you have any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact the Parish Office.
Please scroll down this page for Recent Deaths, Mass Times, and Coming Events.