Supports for Elderly and Vulnerable during Covid-19 Level 5 in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Community Area
1. Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Community Response Forum have set up a new dedicated helpline, focused specifically on ensuring that the cocooning elderly, vulnerable members of the community or those living alone can access deliveries of groceries, medicine and fuels.
This helpline can be reached at 01 271 3199. Opens 9am every day
This number is not for ordinary Council services.
2. ALONE have launched a COVID-19 support line for older people working in collaboration with the Department of Health and the HSE. If you have concerns or queries about Covid-19, your own wellbeing, or the wellbeing of an older person you know, Alone has a dedicated support line every day from 8 am – 8.00 pm. Further information can be found on www.alone.ie.
Please do not hesitate to telephone 0818 222 024 if you want to have a chat.
If you wish to volunteer your help, visit www.alone.ie
3. SENIOR LINE: As the CoronaVirus seems to be a particular threat to older people, we would like to remind our members that SeniorLine has put in place a number of protocols to support many older callers from all over Ireland in terms of information. SeniorLine is a FREEPHONE service and older callers can call free between 10am and 10pm every day of the year on 1800804591. More information here.
4. Making Connections: Since 2009 Making Connections Befriending & Supports is providing volunteer support for older people experiencing loneliness or isolation in Dublin South. In the light of COVID-19, Making Connections is now offering additional support for all vulnerable older people who may need practical help. The age cohort of people they are prioritising is 80 years and older – and depending on resources they will respond to anyone who needs help. They have identified a team of volunteers tasked to run errands, deliver groceries, pick up prescriptions, fuel, etc. Contact 01 2951053 or 085 1111976 to request practical help from Making Connections Volunteer team. The phone line is now open from 8am – 8pm.
5. Rosemount Family Resource Centre is running a Befriending Telephone Service for the vulnerable and elderly with the assistance of an Garda Siochana. If anyone needs any assistance or shopping, please do not hesitate to call to make arrangements with them. To contact, please call 087 692 7361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. COPD: Call the COPD Adviceline if you have queries about coronavirus and your COPD – 1800 832146.