Booterstown Parish is a long-established busy Parish currently undergoing major change following the construction of a Pastoral Centre, which is bringing many new opportunities for activities and development. As a result we are looking for a person to join our team, in the position of Part-time Parish Finance Officer, to manage the Finance function. This role will involve management of the day-to-day finance of the parish and will also include responsibility for the Pastoral Centre finances.
The Parish Finance Officer role will involve, but is not limited to:
- Inputting income and expenditure
- Ensuring compliance with the Parish Financial Control Framework
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Preparing finance reports for Parish Finance Committee
- Liaising with the Archdiocese on financial matters
- Preparing tax refund claims for processing through ROS
- Maintaining information relating to tax claims and communicating with
parishioners as required
- Managing project accounts for building works
- Managing accounts for Pastoral Centre and supporting Pastoral Centre Manager in their work
- Preparing payroll and managing employee records
- Supporting Parish Secretary
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- Ideally a qualified accountant or a bookkeeper with 5+ years relevant experience (essential)
- Familiar with the requirements of the Charities Act and Charities SORP
- Proficient with computers, Excel and accounts packages
- Is able to manage their own workload and deliver to deadlines
- Attention to detail is a must for this role.
- Flexible around hours – ideally 3-4 hours up to three times a week.
Full job description can be downloaded here.
If you would like to join our team, please submit your CV with a covering letter by
email to email@example.com for the attention of the Finance Committee
Closing Date: Monday, 17th June 2019 at 5.30 pm